10 Quotes and Trail Photos to Inspire Your Next Adventure
Looking for a boost to get you out the door after work? A pick-me-up as you await your upcoming thru-hike? Something to set as your phone background through the long months of winter? Look no further.
Even more inspirational than these quotes is that all of photos were taken on the Appalachian Trail by 2017 thru-hikers, and the designs were completed by 2017 AT thru-hiker Anna Zimmerman.
Enjoy your adventures.
1. “Wilderness is not a luxury, but necessity of the human spirit.” -Edward Abbey
Photo: Keckeley Habel
2. “If happiness is the goal, and it should be, then adventures should be a priority.” -Richard Branson
3. “The earth has music for those who listen.” -William Shakespeare
4. “Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountains and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach of us more than we can ever learn from books.” -John Lubbock
5. “The true wilderness experience is one not of escaping, but of finding one’s self.” -Howard Zahniser
Photo: Amber Redfield
6. “If you can dream it, you can achieve it.” -Zig Ziglar
7. “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” -John Muir
Photo: Amber Redfield
8. “Keep close to nature’s heart… and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.” -John Muir
Photo: Emily Elizabeth
9. “At some point in life, the world’s beauty becomes enough.” -Toni Morrison
Photo: Kirsten Alexandria Fraude
10. “To be whole, to be complete. Wilderness reminds us what it means to be human. What we are connected to rather than what we are separate from.” -Terry Tempest Williams
Photo: Collin McCullick
Feature image courtesy Anna Zimmerman. More of her work can be found here.
This website contains affiliate links, which means The Trek may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. The buyer pays the same price as they would otherwise, and your purchase helps to support The Trek's ongoing goal to serve you quality backpacking advice and information. Thanks for your support!
To learn more, please visit the About This Site page.