Jul 20, 2015 : Kelly Souva Appalachian Trail
10 Feels You Feel When Planning a Thru Hike
1) The day you decide you’re actually going to do this thing:
2) While deciding whether or not to hike the approach trail:
3) When buying gear:
4) When the 100th person asks if you’ll be carrying a gun:
5) When your family tries to talk you out of it:
6) When you finally come across someone who gets it:
7) While spending days researching every little detail:
8) When you start to question what you have got yourself in to:
9) When you realize you have less than a year before you leave:
10) The day your boss decides to give you that leave of absence:
OR, the day he doesn’t and you quit:
lead image via
This website contains affiliate links, which means The Trek may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. The buyer pays the same price as they would otherwise, and your purchase helps to support The Trek's ongoing goal to serve you quality backpacking advice and information. Thanks for your support!
To learn more, please visit the About This Site page.
What Do You Think?