1. If you see a mountain in front of you, you WILL climb it! If you see more than one, you will climb them all.
2. You CAN grocery shop at Walgreens, but you probably shouldn’t make a habit of it.
3. No matter how much you love the trail, town will suck you in!
4. When resupplying, don’t put your trail wallet in the inside pocket of your jacket when you aren’t wearing a stitch under said jacket. It makes paying awkward.
5. In general, try to remember when you’re naked under your jacket in town.
6. The Great “Smoky” Mountains would be more aptly named the Great “SOGGY” Mountains.
7. Nothing is really waterproof.
8. Name your tent stakes something else. Talking about “steaks” will only make you hungry.
9. Sometimes you won’t know if you’re tan or just dirty.
10. Never underestimate the kindness of strangers. Seriously, people come through in ways you could never imagine!
This website contains affiliate links, which means The Trek may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. The buyer pays the same price as they would otherwise, and your purchase helps to support The Trek's ongoing goal to serve you quality backpacking advice and information. Thanks for your support!
To learn more, please visit the About This Site page.