Fire on the Mountain

As time continues to pass, excitement, nervousness, eagerness, and confidence for the trail grows. In 19 days, I embark on a journey of a lifetime. I have prepared for this. I can do this.

The realization of leaving behind all my family and friends, thinking for the next 6 months, I’ll be walking 10 miles everyday is intense. This is more than just “being in nature” and having that solitude, it’s about self perseverance. Not quitting, taking it one step at a time. Maybe that’s how we should take life, one step at a time.

Many people think that I will be alone out there, and I will be 60% of the time, but the other 40% I will see hikers on the trail, at shelters, and in towns when I get my resupply box. MANY people love to do day hikes or overnighters on the AT. Please don’t mistake me for Christopher McCandless.

Right now, we are getting my food together. Day by day, breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I will be resupplying on the trail about every 4-5 days. Towns are about 30-50 miles away from each other some longer. Some towns, the AT goes right through, and some are 1-10 miles away from the trail head. Some mail drops I will receive at the place I will stay at (hostel, motel, hotel, someones house, etc.) here I will be getting a shower, food, and a nice bed. Sometimes these places offer to pick you up from the trailhead/road crossing. I will be receiving packages from post offices in towns as well.

Thats it for now, just waiting patiently for March 8th.

with love and anxiety,




Affiliate Disclosure

This website contains affiliate links, which means The Trek may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. The buyer pays the same price as they would otherwise, and your purchase helps to support The Trek's ongoing goal to serve you quality backpacking advice and information. Thanks for your support!

To learn more, please visit the About This Site page.

What Do You Think?