How To Fill The Days Until Go-Time
Historically, February is my least favorite month. It is dreary, cold, and Valentines day. Enough said. But, this February is different because Philip and I leave for the AT this month! Here is what I am doing to keep busy:
For the Trail
- Making a first aid kit (those little pill baggies are cute!)
- Debating the merits of 2- or 3- person tents (more to come on that later)
- Planning monthly maildrops filled with contact solution, medications, and whatever my mom thinks I need
- Trying to get into some shape besides round using this workout
- Soaking feet in tea to help them toughen up (advice from a Triple Crowner who happens to work at our local REI)
- Deciding which wide tooth hair comb to choose the handle off of (ounces equal pounds)
- Filing down a toothbrush (see the reason listed above)
With My Friends
- Superbowl party!
- Thanking them profusely for allowing me to mail MORE stuff to them
- Beer and Bacon Festival (two of the best things in the world)
- Excessive Snapchats
- Going Away Party…plus an early celebration of the things I will miss while hiking
- Hugging my parents as often as I remember
- Snuggling with my dog (and allowing her up on the couch/bed quite frequently)
- Taking the pooch for lots of walks/dog park adventures
- Packing and storing the last few items that we brought to my parents house when we moved in
- Family brunch with both sets of parents
- Very long, very hot showers
- Binge-watching ALL the Netflix
- As much sleeping as possible
- Over-shopping at Trader Joe’s because why not?
- Crafty little countdown to help me keep things in perspective
- Potluck (therapists know how to make, and eat, lots of food)
- Cleaning out my desk??? I will probably procrastinate on that.
- Keeping my head in the game as much as possible
- Going Away Party (might be doing an Escape Room….sounds like great fun!)
This website contains affiliate links, which means The Trek may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. The buyer pays the same price as they would otherwise, and your purchase helps to support The Trek's ongoing goal to serve you quality backpacking advice and information. Thanks for your support!
To learn more, please visit the About This Site page.