Last Minute Things To Do
I have a list of things to do before I head to Georgia in about two weeks — March 21st is my start date. The list isn’t long nor difficult, but I’m sure more will be added…
1) Get car oil changed
2) Get new tires for the car
3) Fix some things around the “house”
4) Make travel plans (planes, trains or automobiles)…right now a rental car is winning out
5) Make shuttle arrangements and/or hostel reservation
6) Get food for 1st leg
7) Pack (and repack) my backpack
8) Say some goodbyes
When I planned this Thru Hike 9 months ago, I think I had plenty of time to get things together, but now that I’m in the two week countdown, time is FLYING by with many last minute things to get done.
I could add the following to my TO DO List too….
- Get in better Shape — Well, that ship has already sailed. Guess I’ll get in shape on the trail…starting slower
- Go thru my bag…I keep reading about people dropping weight from the their pack
- Check out the weather…is it still going to be cold enough to bring “long johns”?
- Figure out what I’m going to eat the first leg before resupply
- Figure out where the 1st resupply point is going to be.
Overall, with over 9 months of planning, I’m finding myself thinking I might “wing it” a little more than I thought I would. No need it getting all caught up in the details. I want to enjoy this hike. As long as I have food, water and a place to stop to get a resupply, then ALL will be GOOD!
This website contains affiliate links, which means The Trek may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. The buyer pays the same price as they would otherwise, and your purchase helps to support The Trek's ongoing goal to serve you quality backpacking advice and information. Thanks for your support!
To learn more, please visit the About This Site page.