My A.T. Accomplishment Goals List
I hope to accomplish many things during my thru hike. I’m not going to include the incontrovertible reason everyone uses–self growth and reconnection with nature. Sure, I hope to accomplish both, but on a more subconscious basis.
There are thousands of reasons you will hear as to why any individual hiker is choosing such a pilgrimage, but here are the reasons I want to hike the entire A.T. outside of the aforementioned and they are as follows:
- Check in at Amicalola Falls S. P.
- Get a Springer Mountain Summit Photo
- Climb all the Lookout Towers
- Meet Miss Janet and get a picture with her sweet ass van!
- Hike naked on the First Day of Summer
- Split a Room with Other Hikers
- Poop in the woods
- See a Rattlesnake
- Take a Lunch/Breakfast/Dinner Break by a Waterfall
- Pony selfies in Grayson Highlands
- Zip-Line to The Captain’s
- Death defying picture atMcAfee Knob
- Visit the Trailside Zoo
- Ride in a Canoe
- Get a Photo at Mount Washington Summit
- Make it to Baxter State Park
- Get a Katahdin Summit Photo
- Learn to correctly identify poison ivy
- Be able to let go of the things that don’t add any value to my life.
- Be able to IDENTIFY those things that don’t add value and let them go.
Now that I have my goals prioritized for the trail…. I guess it’s time to move on to the more technical prioritization of my gear! See you next post!!
This website contains affiliate links, which means The Trek may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. The buyer pays the same price as they would otherwise, and your purchase helps to support The Trek's ongoing goal to serve you quality backpacking advice and information. Thanks for your support!
To learn more, please visit the About This Site page.