Today’s Meter Reading Is: 100% What The Heck Am I Doing?
Whoa. That gnarly ball of feelings is all up in my guts this evening.
1. I need to work out more. Moar!
2. I need all of the monies. Asap. Por fav.
3. I still haven’t figured out my rain gear situation. It rains mostly not at all in Austin, TX. (Frog Toggs or OR Helium 2, the debate.)
4. I should go do some hill repeats or something, right now! (Pets a cat instead.)
5. Put down those Cheetos, you slug.
6. Do you think the tweezers in my Swiss Army knife will pull out a tick? (Because that one that was in my face that one time was a fighter.)
7. How many food drops will I land on, 6? 10?Not more than 12. Right?
8. Is my homemade dehydrated food going to spoil after a few months? (Huge paranoia in this arena, thanks OCD.) (Also me: buys expired discount food and eats it all of the time.) Paradox: please, halp.
9. How many raccoons are going to try to pet my butt on trail? I only ask because of previous encounters.
10. Ugh, I already know I’m going to scratch my glasses up to the point where my eyes are playing tic-tac-toe through the hash marks.
11. I bet I could learn Spanish (for real this time) if I listened to audio lessons on trail. Sí.
12. I do not need to carry an outdoor ukulele. (Yes, you do.) (Nooo, you really don’t, it weighs 15 oz.) (But, maybe. :D)
So, you see what I’m dealing with here.
Actually, I already feel better. Phew! See you on trail! (I’ll be the one eating rotten homemade apple chips squinting through the scratches in my glasses patrolling for handsy raccoons(I may or may not have a ukulele.))
Next time I’ll be posting about my gearlist. ??
This website contains affiliate links, which means The Trek may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. The buyer pays the same price as they would otherwise, and your purchase helps to support The Trek's ongoing goal to serve you quality backpacking advice and information. Thanks for your support!
To learn more, please visit the About This Site page.