Compiling the Soundtrack to My Journey
Sitting on the plane, about to embark on what I hope will be the greatest adventure of my life so far, my feet won’t stop tapping. Tap, tap, tap. I’m probably driving my neighbor crazy – shifting this way and that, practically bouncing out of my chair, unable to focus on anything. I’m just so darned excited! I can’t read my guidebook nor the free airline magazine in front of me, can’t focus on an audiobook or podcast.
What I can do, at the very least, is give my feet something to tap to. So I’ve put together the following playlist as a soundtrack to the beginnings of my journey. About halfway through the AT (assuming I make it that far), I’ll be taking a little respite to attend the Bonnaroo Music Festival in Tennessee (as my former boss said just before I left: “The only thing crunchier than the Appalachian Trail is Bonnaroo.”), so will plan to make a new one then.
1. “Sleep on the Floor” by the Lumineers
2. “Walking on a Dream” by Empire of the Sun
3. “The Nights” by Avicii
4. “America” by Simon & Garfunkel
5. “Spirits” by The Strumbellas
6. “Footloose” by Kenny Loggins
7. “Keep Going” by The Revivalists
8. “The Hunter” by Galantis
9. “June Hymn” by The Decemberists
10. “The Days” by Avicii
11. “Featherstone” by The Paper Kites
12. “I Would Walk 500 Miles” by Kenny and the Scots
13. “All I Need” by The Hip Abduction
14. “Where You Want to Be” by UMI
15. “The Sound of Music” from “The Sound of Music” soundtrack
16. “Here Comes the Sun” by The Beatles
17. “Alive” by Empire of the Sun
18. “Run Through the Jungle” by Creedence Clearwater Revival
19. “Take a Walk” by Passion Pit
This website contains affiliate links, which means The Trek may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. The buyer pays the same price as they would otherwise, and your purchase helps to support The Trek's ongoing goal to serve you quality backpacking advice and information. Thanks for your support!
To learn more, please visit the About This Site page.