Backpacker Radio #31: Justin “2Taps” Helmkamp on the Te Araroa and Wilderness Therapy Guiding
In today’s episode of Backpacker Radio, we’re joined by Justin Helmcamp, aka Two Taps, who was kind enough to extend his layover in Denver to record this show. We chat about his Flip Flop thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail, his hike on New Zealand’s Te Araroa, and his work as a wilderness therapist. We do a patent pending. And we commence the #ChaunceDontChafe hashtag.
Subjects discussed in today’s show include:
- Recorded at Wayfinder in Denver
- Gossamer Gear Anniversary Video
- Use code “TREK15” at GossamerGear.com to save 15%
- Sawyer Permethrin
- Sawer Micro vs. Sawyer Squeeze
- Use code “thetrek” at us.foursigmatic.com (use that link) to save 15%
- Use Code “trek10” at Greenbelly.co to save 10% off your order.
- Chaunce is on the AT. Will still be co-host of the show, but will miss some episodes this year.
- Justin “2Taps” Helmkamp
- Te Araroa
- Oregon Desert Trail
- His Gear
- HIKE for Mental Health
- The History of the Pacific Crest Trail by Kenny Howell
- Myron Avery: The Bully Who Built a Trail by Geoff Hutton.
- Patent Pending!
- 5-star reviews
Have any praise, questions, praise, comments, praise or praise for Backpacker Radio? Reach out to [email protected].
Support us on Patreon to get bonus content.
A super big thank you to our Chuck Norris Award winner(s) from Patreon: Michael W Hinkley, S11N, Sawyer Products, and Travis Smith
A big thank you to our Cinnamon Connection Champions from Patreon: Gregory Gardner and Peter Leven
Intro music via.
This website contains affiliate links, which means The Trek may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. The buyer pays the same price as they would otherwise, and your purchase helps to support The Trek's ongoing goal to serve you quality backpacking advice and information. Thanks for your support!
To learn more, please visit the About This Site page.