Backpacker Radio 38 | Legend on his Arizona Trail FKT, The Great Western Loop, and Supergluing His Foot Shut
In today’s episode of Backpacker Radio, myself plus a very special guest co-host are joined by Legend. He’s back, and does he have new stories to share. We chat all about his previous year, which was arguably busier than anyone in the backpacking world, including his Great Western Loop, a 7,000 mile hike, and his recent Arizona Trail FKT. We go way deep on both of these hikes, when we’re not filling the airwaves with laughter. We also unveil a new hiker of the week and a brand new segment, which will also likely be retired after this episode.
Subjects discussed in the episode include:
- Use code “TREK15” at GossamerGear.com to save 15%
- Sawyer’s International Website
- Sawyer Squeeze vs. Sawyer Micro Squeeze
- Use Code “trek10” at Greenbelly.co to save 10% off your order.
- Reflections on Stronghold’s murder
- Weezer’s back!
- Legend’s first Backpacker Radio appearance
- The Great Western Loop
- Legend’s Instagram account
- Arizona Trail FKT
- Legend’s Big 3
- The Trek Propaganda
- Top 10 Things I Didn’t Expect About Thru-Hiking by Cari Pattison
- PR 101 with Legend
- Song: Walking Slow by Animal Years
- Check out Trail Correspondents!
Have any praise, questions, praise, comments, praise or praise for Backpacker Radio? Reach out to [email protected].
Support us on Patreon to get bonus content.
A super big thank you to our Chuck Norris Award winner(s) from Patreon: Michael W Hinkley, S11N, Todd Cartner, Sawyer Products, and Travis Smith
A big thank you to our Cinnamon Connection Champions from Patreon: Gregory Gardner and Peter Leven
Intro music via.
This website contains affiliate links, which means The Trek may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. The buyer pays the same price as they would otherwise, and your purchase helps to support The Trek's ongoing goal to serve you quality backpacking advice and information. Thanks for your support!
To learn more, please visit the About This Site page.