Backpacker Radio #53: The Ultimate Backpacker Holiday Gear Wish List
With Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Giveback Tuesday, Where’s Waldo Wednesday, Thumbwar Thursday, and all the rest on the horizon, there is no better time to score your 2020 gear purchases than the present. But with a never-ending fire hose of gear roundups coming your way during this holiday season, how do you decide which items are best suited for your long-distance goals? We got you.
We reached out to many of Backpacker Radio’s previous guests, some of the most esteemed long-distance backpackers in the world, to share their favorite gear items—and why—just for you. Below, you’ll find all of the gear items mentioned in this show.
- Use code “backpacker10” at publiclandscoffee.com
- Enlightened Equipment 10-15% off sale at enlightenedequipment.com
- Use code “ATDrink15” at GossamerGear.com to save 15%
- Zach “Badger” Davis
- Juliana Chauncey aka Chaunce
- Clay “Pony” Bonnyman Evans
- Nadia “Furball” Westenburg
- Michael “Grizzly” Ivey
- Ryan “Guthook” Linn
- John “Airborne” Schwarze
- Jennifer “Odyssa” Pharr Davis
- Michael “Kickstand” Papadatos
- Matthew “Pretzel” Mason
- Renee “She-Ra” Patrick
- Andrew “Reptar” Forestell
- Stephen “Twinkle” Shattuck
- Stephanie “Weezer” Lorenze
- Heather “Anish” Anderson
- Justin “2 Taps” Helmkamp
- Intro Song: Walking Slow by Animal Years
- Intro beats: Pauly Boy Shallcross
- Check out Trail Correspondents
Have any praise, questions, praise, comments, praise or praise for Backpacker Radio? Reach out to [email protected].
Support us on Patreon to get bonus content.
A super big thank you to our Chuck Norris Award winner(s) from Patreon: Andrew, Austen Mcdaniel, Christopher Marshburn, Lance Whitley, S11N, Sawyer Products, Thomas Fullmer
A big thank you to our Cinnamon Connection Champions from Patreon: Douglas Koeneman, Gregory Gardner, Jacob Northrup, Peter Leven, Peter Ellenberg
This website contains affiliate links, which means The Trek may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. The buyer pays the same price as they would otherwise, and your purchase helps to support The Trek's ongoing goal to serve you quality backpacking advice and information. Thanks for your support!
To learn more, please visit the About This Site page.