Backpacker Radio Episode #2: Scuba Steve on Hiking Through the Sierra in Record Snow, Poop Stories, & The Top Gear on the Appalachian Trail
Episode # 2 is all about # 2.
In the following episode of Backpacker Radio, Zach “Badger” Davis and Juliana “Chaunce” Chauncey are joined by 2017 PCT thru-hiker Scuba Steve and hear his tales of hiking through The Sierra during one of the highest snow years in recorded history, including a couple of near-death experiences.
Subjects touched upon in this show:
- Tennessee Pass Cafe and Mountain High Pies in Leadville, CO
- Raven’s Rest Hostel in Lake City, CO (Hi, Lucky!)
- Scuba Steve!
- Death defying stories from the High Sierra
- Badger’s PCT Gear List (BugsAway shirt)
- Stuff You Should Know: Mosquitoes
- Anonymous Hiker Poop Stories
- Leave No Trace
- The Top Tents on the Appalachian Trail
- The Top Packs on the Appalachian Trail
- The Top Sleeping Bags on the Appalachian Trail
- AWOL AT Guide
- Guthooks Apps
FOR EPISODE #3…
Send us YOUR favorite backcountry poop stories at [email protected]. We’ll read them on air. Probably.
Have any questions, comments, or concerns for Backpacker Radio? Reach out at [email protected].
This website contains affiliate links, which means The Trek may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. The buyer pays the same price as they would otherwise, and your purchase helps to support The Trek's ongoing goal to serve you quality backpacking advice and information. Thanks for your support!
To learn more, please visit the About This Site page.