Backpacker Radio Episode #56: Scott Turner on the Best Hikes in San Diego County, 2020 Predictions, and The Top Footwear on the AT
Today the Cinnamon Connection is joined by Scott Turner. Scott is the go-to resource for all things hiking in Southern California. He’s the co-author of the latest version of Afoot and Afield: San Diego County, known as San Diego’s hiking bible. Scott shares his favorite hikes in San Diego County, including the best short trails, long trails, the best ecological diversity, the best history, and much more. We also cover the top footwear on the Appalachian Trail in 2019, our predictions for 2020, more horse facts, and Chaunce has a mini-meltdown.
If you plan on doing any hiking in San Diego County soon (or ever), this episode is a must-listen.
- Backpacker Radio SoCal Road Trip Presented by Sawyer!
- Use code “ATDrink15” at GossamerGear.com to save 15%
- Sawyer Picaridin Packets
- The 2020 Badger Sponsorship
- QOTD: Most Type II Fun Moment of 2019?
- Interview with Scott Turner
- Afoot and Afield: San Diego County: 282 Spectacular Outings Along the Coast, Foothills, Mountains, and Desert
- The best hikes in San Diego county
- Favorite short hikes in San Diego County
- Favorite long day hike in SD County
- If Scott could only hike one trail in San Diego for the rest of your life
- The hike with the most ecological diversity
- Which hike or region in SD is the most interesting from a historical perspective
- What are some SoCal-specific considerations someone visiting from out of town should make?
- The interplay between therapy, mental health, and hiking
- Hike the Parks: Joshua Tree National Park: Best Day Hikes, Walks, and Sights
- Trek Propaganda
- Nostradavis and The Chaunce’s Almanac: 2020 Predictions
- HORSE FACTS
- 5-star iTunes Reviews
- Intro Song: Walking Slow by Animal Years
- Intro beats: Pauly Boy Shallcross
- Check out Trail Correspondents
Have any praise, questions, praise, comments, praise or praise for Backpacker Radio? Reach out to [email protected].
Support us on Patreon to get bonus content.
A super big thank you to our Chuck Norris Award winner(s) from Patreon: Andrew, Austen McDaniel, Cristopher Marshburn S11N, Sawyer Products, Thomas Fullner, and Travis Smith
A big thank you to our Cinnamon Connection Champions from Patreon: Gregory Gardner, Jacob Northrup, Mark Snook, Peter Leven, Peter Ellenberg
This website contains affiliate links, which means The Trek may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. The buyer pays the same price as they would otherwise, and your purchase helps to support The Trek's ongoing goal to serve you quality backpacking advice and information. Thanks for your support!
To learn more, please visit the About This Site page.