Backpacker Radio Episode #9 – Hey Girl from Sounds of the Trail, Boots vs. Trail Runners, and Near-Death Experiences in the Smokies
If you’ve listened to Sounds of the Trail, you already know today’s guest. Backpacker Radio is joined by Laura “Hey Girl” Johnston- an AT and PCT thru-hiker, conservationist, conversationalist, and an all-around smart and congenial gal.
Topics from this show include:
- Sounds of the Trail podcast
- Hey Girl’s love of Patagonia Baggies
- Highlights from the North Carolina / Tennessee section of the Appalachian Trail
- 21 Facts about the AT (why the balds are bald)
- Appalachian Trail Thru-Hiker Survey
- Appalachian Trials
- Interview with Stephen Harrod Buhner author of Healing Lyme
- “Green goo” aka Amazing Grass superfoods powder
Recorded at Wayfinder Co-op in Denver, Colorado.
Have any praise, questions, praise, comments, praise or praise for Backpacker Radio? Reach out to [email protected].
A big thank you to our Cinnamon Connection Champions from Patreon: Kate Hurley
This website contains affiliate links, which means The Trek may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. The buyer pays the same price as they would otherwise, and your purchase helps to support The Trek's ongoing goal to serve you quality backpacking advice and information. Thanks for your support!
To learn more, please visit the About This Site page.