Content + Marketing Specialist (Full-Time)
The Trek is hiring a Full Time Content + Marketing Person
***The application window is now closed!***
Do you have a robust love for writing, editing, social media, and a love for long distance backpacking? Want to work with USA TODAY’s Top Hiking and Outdoor Blog?
Let’s do this!
The Trek is looking for someone to help lead the future of The Trek’s editorial. The selected candidate will be in charge of the following: being a prolific content producer, editing others’ work, creating and managing an editorial calendar, managing Instagram and Facebook accounts, amongst other editorial and marketing projects.
This person will work directly under The Trek’s founder and editor-in-chief, Zach Davis.
- Has robust experience in writing compelling backpacking articles
- Has the ability to edit others’ articles
- Is a strong writer and communicator, with an eye for detail
- Is highly organized, being able to manage spreadsheets for contributor pitches, timelines, gear reviews, and more.
- Is experienced with managing Instagram and Facebook accounts
- Must have the availability to work ~40 hours per week
- Is a self-starter and doesn’t require constant supervision to stay busy
- Has ample long distance backpacking, thru-hiking experience is a major bonus
- Ability and desire to stay updated on the outdoor industry and trail community
- Has own laptop or computer and Internet access
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Proficiency with Google Drive
- Is comfortable working odd schedules
- This is a full-time job
- This role will start off as a two month full-time contract job with the ability to transition salaried position based on performance.
- Role starts ~Aug..
The position will start as a two-month contract at $3,100 per month, to serve as a trial. If both parties are happy with the setup at the conclusion of the two months, the position will become salaried, with the opportunity for a raise based on performance.
This is a remote position, though local candidates have the option to work from The Trek’s HQ in Golden, CO when the pandemic subsides.
If you’re interested, please send cover letter, resume, and questions to [email protected] by July 26, 2020.
ft image via @lt.cookoobird