Editorial Internship 2021
The Trek is looking for an Editorial Intern
Love hiking, backpacking, and the outdoors? Want to work with your favorite long distance backpacking media company?
Come work with The Trek!
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the trail community, writing, editing, and all things backpacking! The chosen candidate will get the opportunity to flex their writing and editing muscles in front of a large audience and work under The Trek’s Lead Writer + Editor Kelly Floro, and Zach Davis, Appalachian Trials author and The Trek’s editor-in-chief.
– Reliable communicator, eye for detail, timely, takes deadlines and accountability seriously
– Ability to stay updated on the outdoor industry and trail community
– Internet access at least every other day
– Background in content creation and editorial work
– Backpacking experience is a major plus
– Knowledge of WordPress
– Proficiency with Google Drive
– Experience backpacking long-distance trails
Between 5-10 hours of work per week, committed through at least April 2021.
This is a remote internship (Can be done from anywhere with internet access). The first two weeks of the internship will serve as a trial period to gauge if the candidate is the proper fit for our team.
Questions? Email [email protected]
lead image via