The Trek’s Chief Assistant + Marketing Intern
The Trek is seeking a Chief Assistant + Marketing Intern.
The chosen candidate be an integral part of The Trek’s day to day operations and will work directly underneath The Trek’s founder and editor-in-chief, Zach “Badger” Davis. This individual will have a proficiency for project operations, social media, writing assignments, and beyond. This is a unique opportunity to learn from the person who’s grown The Trek into a media company that reaches millions of people every year!
The selected candidate will be Zach’s right-hand person during his parental leave and reduced workload. Tasks will range from putting together our newsletter, to managing some social media, to coordinating with our various contributors, to helping to manage our podcast content, and beyond.
- Reliable communicator, eye for detail, timely, takes deadlines and accountability seriously.
- An interest and excitement to execute on a diversity of projects. Tasks will range from putting together our newsletter to managing social media channels, to coordinating our various contributors, to helping to manage our podcast content, and beyond.
- Experience managing Instagram accounts in a professional manner.
- Is a self-starter, doesn’t require constant supervision to be productive.
- Can work remotely.
- Has Internet access at least 4 days per week.
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Proficient with Google’s Suite of Apps (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms, etc.)
- Backpacking / thru-hiking experience is a plus!
Between 8-10 hours of work per week. This internship will begin in mid-December of 2020 and run through at least February of 2021. The possibility for a larger role at the conclusion of the internship period does exist, depending on the health of the company.
This is a remote internship (Can be done from anywhere with Internet access). The first two weeks of the internship will serve as a trial period to gauge if the candidate is the proper fit for our team.
This internship comes with a $500 monthly stipend.
APPLICATION PERIOD CLOSED, THANKS!
Questions? Email [email protected]