Mighty Blue Goes Number Two on Stories From the Trail
Steve Adams, trail name Mighty Blue, is on the Appalachian Trail, again. Best known for his hiking memoirs Creaking Geezer, Hidden Flagon and Three Weddings and a Sabbatical, he also produces the popular hiking podcast The Ultimate Midlife Crisis.
Steve is currently producing his show from the trail and he took time from his busy schedule to call us from a listener’s house in Pennsylvania.
In this incredibly busy hour, we talk about:
- What it’s like hiking the AT a second time
- Seeing the same views from different perspectives
- Max Patch
- Why you shouldn’t let Facebook color your view of the hiking community
- Beer and wine
- What makes an integral hike?
- Standing Bear Farm
- Writing in American English
- The John Muir Trail
- Elevation sickness
- Camino de Santiago
- And so much more!
Listeners who support the show have already heard the next FOUR episodes while you and I sit here like a couple of bottles of wind that Mighty Blue hasn’t uncorked yet. This includes ONE episode that no one else will ever hear.
- Get more episodes AND support the show!
- Why aren’t you watching Reptar Hikes!?
- Email the show. No, seriously. Email the show.
- Stories From The Trail on Facebook
- Stories From the Trail on Instagram
- JOIN our LIVE INTERNET AUDIENCE on Discord
Get the audio version of Where’s the Next Shelter? for free when you join Audible!
This website contains affiliate links, which means The Trek may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. The buyer pays the same price as they would otherwise, and your purchase helps to support The Trek's ongoing goal to serve you quality backpacking advice and information. Thanks for your support!
To learn more, please visit the About This Site page.