Backpacker Radio #52: Anitra Kass of the PCTA
Today we are joined by Anitra Kass who’s a triple crowner and the PCTA’s Southern California Regional Representative. Anitra is a wealth of information on all things PCT and conservation. We talk about the new permitting changes for the Sierra and for southbounders, some of the biggest threats to the trail, how to best get involved as a volunteer for the PCT, CrossFit, and more. Chaunce and Badger give a peek into our first aid kits, we have a new triple crown of segment, and get some advice from a listener on how to ease kids into the backcountry without annoying others.
- Backpacker Radio SoCal Road Trip Presented by Sawyer!
- Use code “backpacker10” at publiclandscoffee.com
- Enlightened Equipment 10-15% off sale at enlightenedequipment.com
- Use code “ATDrink15” at GossamerGear.com to save 15%
- Gossamer Gear Giveaway on Instagram
- Sawyer Picaridin Packets
- Question of the Day: What’s in Badger and Chaunce’s Thru-Hiking First Aid Kit?
- Interview with Anitra Kass, the Southern California Regional Representative at the Pacific Crest Trail Association
- TREK PROPAGANDA
- Post-Trail Depression: It’s Not What You Think by Anne Baker
- The Triple Crown of Chips
- 5-star iTunes Reviews
- Intro Song: Walking Slow by Animal Years
- Intro beats: Pauly Boy Shallcross
- Check out Trail Correspondents
Have any praise, questions, praise, comments, praise or praise for Backpacker Radio? Reach out to [email protected].
Support us on Patreon to get bonus content.
A super big thank you to our Chuck Norris Award winner(s) from Patreon: Andrew, Austen Mcdaniel, Christopher Marshburn, Lance Whitley, S11N, Sawyer Products, Thomas Fullmer
A big thank you to our Cinnamon Connection Champions from Patreon: Douglas Koeneman, Gregory Gardner, Jacob Northrup, Peter Leven, Peter Ellenberg
This website contains affiliate links, which means The Trek may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. The buyer pays the same price as they would otherwise, and your purchase helps to support The Trek's ongoing goal to serve you quality backpacking advice and information. Thanks for your support!
To learn more, please visit the About This Site page.