I’m Christina. I’m a wife, health coach, marathon runner and soon-to-be thru hiker on the Pacific Crest Trail. Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail is a dream I’ve had ever since I met my husband. Jake took me on my first overnight backpacking trip in Grand Tetons National Park back in 2011. I called it our first official date. Backpacking and being outdoors has become an important part of my life, my faith and will forever remain a priority in our marriage.
I’m hiking the Pacific Crest Trail because…
- life should be a daring adventure.
- I love being in the woods and standing on the heights.
- “do it while you’re young” keeps ringing in my ears.
- my husband and I made a promise to one another to accomplish this dream together before we settle down and start a family.
- I want to make myself, my husband, my friends and my family proud.
- I want to get away from routine and disconnect.
- my husband has unfinished business after attempting the PCT in 2010 (he made it to Crater Lake, OR).
- we’ve called off doing the PCT four years in a row now. If not now, when?
- I want to live a bold life and embrace the opportunities God has given me.
- I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me.
When I successfully thru-hike the Pacific Crest Trail I will….
- laugh cry.
- feel the GREATEST sense of accomplishment EVER.
- be overwhelmed with joy and gratitude.
- high-five, make-out, dance and prost a brew with my husband!!
- have a deeper appreciation for the small blessings in my life.
- celebrate with family and friends in Washington before heading back to life in Wyoming.
- get to tell my kids one day how Mom and Dad accomplished their dreams together.
- thank God for the trail, our experiences, the people, His creation and getting us to Canada!
- inspire and encourage others to go after their dreams.
The countdown begins – 70 days until we hit the trail!
This website contains affiliate links, which means The Trek may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. The buyer pays the same price as they would otherwise, and your purchase helps to support The Trek's ongoing goal to serve you quality backpacking advice and information. Thanks for your support!
To learn more, please visit the About This Site page.