Social Media Coordinator
The Trek is seeking a Social Media Coordinator!
The Trek is looking for someone with a love for long-distance backpacking, thru-hiking, and social media to join their team. The ideal candidate has ample experience operating Facebook and Instagram (at minimum) in a professional context and has numerous backpacking trips under their hipbelt (or fanny pack).
The selected candidate will be responsible for managing a posting schedule and various strategic marketing campaigns across The Trek’s social media channels.
- Must be knowledgeable about the ins and outs of the long-distance backpacking community, including LNT ethics, on-trail culture, and more.
- Preference will be given to candidates with long-distance backpacking and thru-hiking experience.
- A reliable communicator with an eye for detail.
- Will coordinate and collaborate with other departments including marketing and editorial.
- Can work remotely.
- Is a self-starter and can work independently.
- Has Internet access at least 4 days per week.
- At least one year of experience operating Facebook and Instagram in a professional manner.
- Proficient with Google’s Suite of Apps (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms, etc.)
- Backpacking / thru-hiking experience is a plus!
Between 5-8 hours per week.
This is a remote position (Can be done from anywhere with Internet access). Local candidates have the option to work from The Trek’s HQ in downtown Golden, CO. The first two weeks of the internship will serve as a trial period to gauge if the candidate is the proper fit for our team.
This position starts at $18 per hour.
<APPLICATION PERIOD CLOSED>
Questions? Email [email protected]