TBD…but things are looking good

The stars all seem to be aligning!  It’s been over a month since I was supposed to be beginning my thru hike.  However, life happened and I needed to delay to a date to be determined or TBD.

It looks like TBD may well become sometime real next week!  It has me very excited AND a little frightened.

I think I’m ready, but my hiking plan is still very fluid.  Since I need to return home in 2 to 3 weeks, I have to figure out where I can get a rental car and drive back home.  Depending on my hiking progress that appears to be either Fontana Dam or Gatlinburg.  If, and that’s a BIG IF, I hike fast I can make it to Gatlinburg in 21 days.

If I make it there, I’ll need to catch a ride over to the closest Enterprise Rental Car for the car.  While the ads show that Entetprisewill pick you up“, I’ve heard its a big pain to get them to actually do it.

I’m hoping they will come and get me from the trail to make my life easier…but we’ll see.

So…if life continues in the current vector, I could be beginning my hike next Wednesday.

Happy, happy, happy!

Affiliate Disclosure

This website contains affiliate links, which means The Trek may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. The buyer pays the same price as they would otherwise, and your purchase helps to support The Trek's ongoing goal to serve you quality backpacking advice and information. Thanks for your support!

To learn more, please visit the About This Site page.

What Do You Think?