The Best Hiking Gear Deals from the REI Cyber Week Sale
Backpacking gear can get expensive, but you don’t have to eviscerate your wallet to outfit yourself with a trail-worthy kit. Shop the REI Cyber Week Sale (11/28 – 12/7) to save up to 50% on hiking/camping gear and more. We searched out the best deals so you don’t have to.
You can also save an extra 25% off one REI Outlet item with coupon code EXTRA25.
REI Co-Op Lightweight Base Layers | 40% Off
- Short-Sleeve Crew Top – SALE: $20.93 (Reg. $29.95)
- Long-Sleeved Crew Top – SALE: $23.97 (Reg. $39.95)
- Bottoms – SALE: $23.97 (Reg. $39.95)
- Half-Zip Top – SALE: $26.97 (Reg. $44.95)
REI’s lightweight polyester/spandex blend base layers are perfect for warmer weather or active wear. They’re soft, gusseted for ease of motion, and feature flat seams (read: no rubbing).
REI Co-op Midweight Base Layers | 40% Off
- Short-Sleeve Crew Top– SALE: $29.97 (Reg. $49.95)
- Bottoms – SALE: $29.97 (Reg. $49.95)
- Half-Zip Top – SALE: $32.97 (Reg. $54.95)
These days, synthetic base layer fabrics are more competitive with merino wool than ever before, at a significantly lower price. REI’s bluesign-approved polyester layers boast four-way stretch for ease of movement, effective moisture wicking, and UPF 50+ sun protection.
REI Co-op Merino Midweight Base Layer | 40% Off
- Short-Sleeve Crew Top – SALE: $41.97 (Reg. $69.95)
- Long-Sleeve Crew Top – SALE: $47.97 (Reg. $79.95)
- Bottoms – SALE: $47.97 (Reg. $79.95)
- Half-Zip Top – SALE: $53.97 (Reg. $89.95)
REI’s wool base layers are made with 100% ultra-fine merino wool for lightweight warmth, comfort, and moisture management. The in-house brand is more affordable than the competition, especially during the REI Cyber Week Sale.
Smartwool’s IntraKnit base layers feature a stretchy merino wool blend with strategic ventilation for breathability during active pursuits, but they’re soft and cozy enough to wear at camp, too.
REI Co-op COOLMAX EcoMade Socks | 30 – 40% Off
Socks: you gotta have ’em. These polyester blend fabrics are partially made with yarn from recycled water bottles, a fact that really puts the “cool” in COOLMAX. From lightweight liners for blister prevention to lightly cushioned hiking crew socks, COOLMAX technology promises to breathe well and wick sweat away from your feet.
REI Co-op 650 Down Jacket 2.0 | 30% Off
- SALE: $69.97 (Reg. $99.95)
- Weight: 11 oz.
REI’s 650-fill down jacket is the holy grail of midlayers for budget-conscious hikers. (And it just got even more affordable during the REI Cyber Week Sale).
REI Co-op XeroDry GTX Rain Jacket | 30% Off
- SALE: $111.30 (Reg. $159)
- Weight: 12.5 oz
This rain jacket is made with Gore-Tex Paclite, a premium ultralight waterproof fabric that’s bluesign-approved for environmental responsibility. At just under 13 ounces total weight, it’s competitive for backpacking. It even features hipbelt-compatible zippered pockets that also work as core vents to improve airflow.
Suunto Core Watch | 40% Off
- SALE: $131.40 (Reg. $219)
Get the information you need in the backcountry with this tricked out Suunto watch, which features a thoughtfully designed altimeter, barometer, and compass and is rugged enough to take a beating on-trail.
Biolite Headlamp 330 | 25% Off
- SALE: $44.96 (Reg. $59.95)
This popular headlamp boasts a generous 330-lumen max light output, red light and strobe features, and a rechargeable battery that lasts up to 40 hours between charges. The sleek design and vibrant color options make this a visually appealing piece of gear too. Read our review of the Biolite Headlamp 330 here.
Ruffwear Hiking Gear for Dogs | 25% Off
- Flagline Harness – SALE: $52.46 (Reg. $69.95)
- Grip Trex Dog Booties – SALE: $28.13 (Reg. $37.50)
- Approach Dog Pack – SALE: $59.96 (Reg. $79.95)
It’s a well-established scientific fact that dogs make the best hiking partners. Outfit your buddy for the trail with a supportive padded harness, (completely adorable) Vibram sole booties to protect tender paw pads and improve traction, and their very own backpack so they can help share the load on longer trips.
REI Co-op Flash 22 Hiking Daypack | 36% Off
- SALE: $35.17 (Reg. $54.95)
This 22-liter daypack has adequate room for your Ten Essentials and plenty of treats and goodies, so you can load up and hit the trail in a FLASH. (Heh. See what we did there?).
ExOfficio Underwear | 30% Off both Men’s and Women’s
- Women’s ExOfficio Give-N-Go 2.0 Bikini Briefs – SALE: $12.59 (Reg. $18)
- Men’s ExOfficio Give-N-Go Sport Mesh 2.0 Boxer Briefs – SALE: $20.99 (Reg. $30)
One place to not skimp on for a backpacking trip is a quality pair of underwear, and ExOfficio’s offerings are a thru-hiker favorite. A few pairs should do the tricks for a few thousand miles.
Additional deals we’re stoked on:
- 30% Off All Icebreaker Baselayer & Underwear for Women & Men
- 25% Off All NEMO Sleeping Bags and Sleeping Pads
- Save $50 on Selected Garmin Watches
- Save $50 On GoPro Hero 9 Black Camera
Featured image: Graphic design by Jay Woods.
This website contains affiliate links, which means The Trek may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. The buyer pays the same price as they would otherwise, and your purchase helps to support The Trek's ongoing goal to serve you quality backpacking advice and information. Thanks for your support!
To learn more, please visit the About This Site page.