Appalachian Trail 2015
This page is dedicated to all those who plan to thru-hike the Appalachian Trail in 2015. Information includes a list of 2015 AT blogs, thru-hiker marketplace, gear lists, and more. If there is anything that I have overlooked, or that you would like to see included on this page, please e-mail me at theGoodBadgergmail.com
I also suggest to bookmark this page as I will be updating it with more information.
To stay informed about news surrounding the AT, subscribe to the Appalachian Trials Newsletter.
If you’re thinking of thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail in 2015, or will be following closely the thru-hike of a loved one, you should check out Appalachian Trials. It’s the only resource to help hikers with the mental/emotional portion of thru-hiking the AT – the most difficult aspect of the trail.
If you are planning on thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail in 2015 and would like your blog included on this list, please e-mail me at theGoodBadgergmailcom.
– Check out the Appalachian Trials Bloggers
– AT 2015
– AT for 2
Either leave a comment at the bottom of this page or Tweet with the hashtag “#AT2015” to be listed below. #AT2015 Tweets
Also check out the Appalachian Trail Thru-Hikers Class of 2015 Facebook Page to find others who are leaving the same time as you!
More about the Appalachian Trail
– A Suggested Appalachian Trail Thru-Hiker Gear List
– AWOL’s AT Guide (2015 version not available yet)
(Non AT related)
– A New Earth (Audiobook)
Appalachian Trail Hostels
(From South to North)
– The Blueberry Patch in Hiawassee, GA
– Serenity Chalet (two miles out of the NOC)
– Aquone Hostel in Nantahala Forest, NC
– The Cabin in the Woods at Stecoah Gap, NC 143
– Standing Bear Farm at Green Corner Rd, TN
– Elmer’s Sunnybank Inn in Hot Springs, NC
– Uncle Johnny’s Nolichucky Hostel in Erwin, TN
– Mountain Harbour B&B in Roan Mountain, TN
– Woodshole Hostel at Sugar Run Gap, VA
– Bears Den Hostel & Trail Center in Bears Den Rocks, VA
– Brook Falls Farm, in Middleville, NJ
– Green Mountain House in Manchester Center, VT
– White Mountain Lodge & Hostel in Gorham, NH
E-mail me at [email protected] to be listed here (please include a link to your hostel)
This section is dedicated to helping you find the right gear including tips on how to save money.
Steep and Cheap offers the best discounts.
The Clymb also has some awesome daily gear deals.
If you live near an REI, definitely check out their Garage Sales. You won’t find better deals anywhere.
*NOTE* REI has implemented a one-year return rule on all items. Still a terrific store, which I shop at almost exclusively, but something to consider for those who shop purely for the terms of service.
Stay in the Know
Join the Good Badger Facebook Page (the author), Appalachian Trials Facebook Page (the book) and the Appalachian Trail Thru-Hikers Class of 2015 Facebook Page (your community) to stay current on any updates to this page and all other things dealing with the 2015 Appalachian Trail. If there’s anything else you’d like to see on this page, let me know! We can make it happen.
And this is awesome…
What else would you like to see on this page? Let me know by dropping me a note at theGoodBadgergmailcom.
Starting NOBO March 18 at Amicalola Falls: bizurkur.com
We deilintefy need more smart people like you around.
Check out this short documentary of the Shenandoah Valley I made with a couple of friends.
looking for partners male or female leaving springer june 3