Appalachian Trail 2017
This page is dedicated to all those who plan to thru-hike the Appalachian Trail in 2016. Information includes a list of 2017 AT blogs, thru-hiker marketplace, gear lists, and more. If there is anything that I have overlooked, or that you would like to see included on this page, please e-mail me at theGoodBadgergmail.com
I also suggest to bookmark this page as I will be updating it with more information.
To stay informed about news surrounding the AT, subscribe to the Appalachian Trials Newsletter.
If you’re thinking of thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail in 2017 or will be following closely the thru-hike of a loved one, you should check out Appalachian Trials. It’s the only resource to help hikers with the mental/emotional portion of thru-hiking the AT – the most difficult aspect of the trail.
If you are planning on thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail in 2017 and would like your blog included on this list, please e-mail me at theGoodBadgergmailcom.
– Check out the Appalachian Trials Bloggers
Either leave a comment at the bottom of this page or Tweet with the hashtag “#AT2017” to be listed below.
Also check out the Appalachian Trail Thru-Hikers Class of 2017 Facebook Page to find others who are leaving the same time as you!
Appalachian Trail Articles and Resources
– AWOL’s AT Guide (2017 version not available yet)
(Non AT related)
– A New Earth (Audiobook)
Appalachian Trail Hostels
(From South to North)
– Top of Georgia Hostel in Hiawassee, GA
– The Blueberry Patch in Hiawassee, GA
– Serenity Chalet (two miles out of the NOC)
– Aquone Hostel in Nantahala Forest, NC
– The Cabin in the Woods at Stecoah Gap, NC 143
– Standing Bear Farm at Green Corner Rd, TN
– Elmer’s Sunnybank Inn in Hot Springs, NC
– Uncle Johnny’s Nolichucky Hostel in Erwin, TN
– Greasy Creek Friendly in Bakersville, NC
– Mountain Harbour B&B in Roan Mountain, TN
– Roan Mountain B&B in Roan Mountain, TN
– Bob Peoples’ Kincora Hostel in Hampton, TN
– Woodshole Hostel at Sugar Run Gap, VA
– Bears Den Hostel & Trail Center in Bears Den Rocks, VA
– Brook Falls Farm, in Middleville, NJ
– Green Mountain House in Manchester Center, VT
– White Mountain Lodge & Hostel in Gorham, NH
E-mail me at [email protected] to be listed here (please include a link to your hostel)
This section is dedicated to helping you find the right gear including tips on how to save money.
Steep and Cheap offers the best discounts.
The Clymb also has some awesome daily gear deals.
If you live near an REI, definitely check out their Garage Sales. You won’t find better deals anywhere. If you don’t want wake up before the sun to score this cheap gear, be sure to check out their online Garage. We also share worthwhile gear deals on the Appalachian Trials Newsletter, if you’re not already subscribed.
Stay in the Know
Join the Appalachian Trials Facebook Page and the Appalachian Trail Thru-Hikers Class of 2017 Facebook Page (your community) to stay current on any updates to this page and all other things dealing with the 2016 Appalachian Trail. If there’s anything else you’d like to see on this page, let me know! We can make it happen.
And this is awesome…
What else would you like to see on this page? Let me know by dropping me a note at theGoodBadgergmailcom.