Apply to Be a Trek Blogger!
Calling all 2024 thru-hikers!
Looking to blog your 2024 thru-hike? Want to reach a huge audience without the hassle of starting and maintaining a website? DID WE JUST BECOME BEST FRIENDS?!
The Trek is looking for 2024 thru-hikers from the Appalachian Trail, Pacific Crest Trail, Continental Divide Trail, and beyond who are passionate about writing and want to share their journey with the world. If you’re hiking one of the “shorter” trails, such as the Long Trail, Colorado Trail, John Muir Trail, Arizona Trail, Superior Hiking Trail, Ice Age Trail, Wonderland Trail, Ozark Trail, Ouachita Trail, Pinhoti Trail, Cumberland Trail, Mountains-to-Sea Trail, Benton MacKaye Trail, Buckeye Trail, Northville Placid Trail, Oregon Desert Trail, Idaho Centennial Trail, Oregon Coast Trail, California Coastal Trail, and beyond- you’re encouraged to apply to join our team as well.
What you get:
- Exposure to the large Trek community (reach is more than a half million across all channels)
- An easy-to-use blogging platform
- Extra consideration for features through our Appalachian Trail, Pacific Crest Trail, and The Trek Instagram accounts.
- Active Bloggers are given the opportunity for Instagram Takeovers.
- Access to a private Facebook Group of fellow Trek Bloggers (current and alum)
- Technical support from The Trek’s team
- Blogging features such as a gear list, photo gallery, mileage stats, backend post views, and more (we’re open to suggestions too!)
- The ability for family, friends, and fans to subscribe directly to your posts via email
- Light copy-editing from our editorial team
- Discount Trek merch
- A Hiker Spotlight program: Active bloggers get a goody / SWAG package sent while on trail, a feature on the website, and the opportunity for an Instagram Takeover
The cost: FREE
Note: The Trek does not allow contributors to use their platform for the purpose of soliciting money or sponsors. If you’re interested in monetizing your journey, we encourage you to stick with your personal channels.
If you’re still thru-hiking in 2023 and want to be a Blogger for The Trek, apply here.