Apply to Be a Trek Blogger!
Calling all 2023 thru-hikers!
Looking to blog or vlog your 2021 thru-hike? Want some great exposure without the hassle of starting and maintaining a website? DID WE JUST BECOME BEST FRIENDS?!
The Trek is looking for 2023 thru-hikers from the Appalachian Trail, Pacific Crest Trail, Continental Divide Trail, and beyond who are passionate about writing and want to share their journey with the world. If you’re hiking one of the “shorter” trails, such as the Long Trail, Colorado Trail, John Muir Trail, Arizona Trail, Superior Hiking Trail, Ice Age Trail, Wonderland Trail, Ozark Trail, Ouachita Trail, Pinhoti Trail, Cumberland Trail, Mountains-to-Sea Trail, Benton MacKaye Trail, Buckeye Trail, Northville Placid Trail, Oregon Desert Trail, Idaho Centennial Trail, Oregon Coast Trail, California Coastal Trail, and beyond- you’re encouraged to apply to join our team as well.
What you get:
- Exposure to the large Trek community (reach is more than a half million across all channels).
- An easy to use blogging platform.
- Given extra consideration when featuring photos through our Appalachian Trail, Pacific Crest Trail, and The Trek Instagram accounts.
- Active Bloggers are given the opportunity for Instagram Takeovers.
- Access to a private group of fellow Trek Bloggers on Facebook (current and alum).
- Discount merch
- A Hiker Spotlight program: active Bloggers get a goody / SWAG package sent while on trail, a feature on the website, and the opportunity for an Instagram Takeover.
The cost: FREE
Note: The Trek does not allow contributors to use their platform for the purpose of soliciting money or sponsors. If you’re interested in monetizing your journey, we encourage you to stick with your personal channels.
Late 2022 thru-hikers, you can apply here!