Apply to Be a Trek Blogger and/or Vlogger!
Calling all 2020 thru-hikers!
Looking to blog or vlog your 2020 thru-hike? Want some great exposure without the hassle of starting and maintaining a website? DID WE JUST BECOME BEST FRIENDS?!
The Trek is looking for 2020 thru-hikers from the Appalachian Trail, Pacific Crest Trail, Continental Divide Trail, and beyond who are passionate about writing (and/or making videos) and want to share their journey with the world. If you’re hiking one of the “shorter” trails, such as the Long Trail, Colorado Trail, John Muir Trail, Arizona Trail, Superior Hiking Trail, Ice Age Trail, Wonderland Trail, Ozark Trail, Ouachita Trail, Pinhoti Trail, Cumberland Trail, Mountains-to-Sea Trail, Benton MacKaye Trail, Buckeye Trail, Northville Placid Trail, Oregon Desert Trail, Idaho Centennial Trail, Oregon Coast Trail, California Coastal Trail, and beyond- you’re encouraged to apply to join our team as well.
What you get:
- Exposure to the large Trek community (reach is more than a quarter million across all channels).
- A blogging platform that is easy to use.
- Given extra consideration when featuring photos through our Appalachian Trail, Pacific Crest Trail, and The Trek Instagram accounts.
- Active Bloggers/Vloggers are given the opportunity for Instagram Takeovers.
- Access to a private group of fellow Trek Bloggers on Facebook (current and alum).
- Discount merch
- NEW for Vloggers(!): Access to use our YouTube account, which has 13,000 subscribers and is growing quickly.
The cost: FREE!!!
Class of 2019, you can still apply here.