10 Horrifying Scenarios for a Thru-Hiker
Ghosts? Goblins? Monsters? Oh, please. You don’t know true terror, misery and horror until these things have happened to you while hiking the appalachian trail:
1. When someone left trail magic food for hikers, and there are only wrappers and trash left.
2. When the mosquitoes come out to dine.
3. When you wake up to find a bear eating all your food.
4. When you have to get out of your tent in the rain.
5. When you think you can rock hop across a river, but instead get very, very wet.
6. When you realize you left your hiking poles at the bottom on the hill.
7. When you are forced to sleep in a shelter (the Smokies make you do that), and you are sharing it with loud snorers.
8. When your water source has dried up.
9. When you run out of snacks.
10. Someone mistakes you as a hipster.
(All images from giphy.com)
This website contains affiliate links, which means The Trek may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. The buyer pays the same price as they would otherwise, and your purchase helps to support The Trek's ongoing goal to serve you quality backpacking advice and information. Thanks for your support!
To learn more, please visit the About This Site page.
Hahaha I love this!
Ahh… ha ha!! So good!
You forgot “when your cell phone battery dies just before you can give the delivery address to Domino’s and you gave them your debit card number…”