Apology for Missing Blog Submissions
Several of you have emailed me asking about what happened to our blog. I want to apologize for dropping off the grid or blog post. As November approached, I felt incomplete and had let you down for not blogging about our adventure. I recently read somewhere: “There is a high cost to low thoughts.” The unfinished blog was nagging at me.
Truthfully, I found it very difficult to keep a blog on the trail. My reasons for not blogging? Well, they probably sound like an excuse given to teachers by their students for late submissions. My reasons include:
- My 60-year-old eyes and fingers were not able to blog on my cell phone without making a ton of spelling errors.
- It was extremely difficult to find a library or hotel that had a computer.
- When I found a computer, I was given an hour to transcribe my journal into a google doc and then copy and paste the document into Trek.
- When I was in town, I wanted to explore, to be present, and to talk with folks living in a trail town. Blogging ended up on a back burner.
- We were having a great time on the trail.
To remedy my incomplete assignment, I plan on sharing our AT hiking adventure over the weeks ahead. I hope future hikers and hikers 60+ who are planning their trip might also find insight in what I have to say.
Finally, I deeply admire those bloggers and vloggers who are able to use their cell phones for posts.
This website contains affiliate links, which means The Trek may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. The buyer pays the same price as they would otherwise, and your purchase helps to support The Trek's ongoing goal to serve you quality backpacking advice and information. Thanks for your support!
To learn more, please visit the About This Site page.