[Author Sneak Peek] Waiting on Spring: Your Pre-AT Thru-Hike Companion
The thought of thru hiking the Appalachian Trail is exhilarating! No routines, living on the fringes of society, eating only junk food and yet some how becoming more and more healthy. There is so much to love! But the nitty gritty details of actually getting out there can be so daunting. Should I thru hike? Can I thru hike? Will I enjoy thru hiking? What do I bring? What do I not bring? Where do I go to find out everything I need to know? There is so much to think about! We here at Appalachian Trials have brought you a small ebook on the subject of preparing for a thru hike of the Appalachian Trail. It will both help soothe your worries and fears and also get you started in the right direction in terms of preparation. Below is list of the key point of the ebook and a short video by the author, Carlie Gentry, a 2013 hiker and long time Appalachian Trials writer.
What You Will Learn:
- How to really commit to the decision of a thru-hike
- Which preparation steps are necessary (and more importantly, unnecessary)
- The emotional, physical, and intangible gains and losses associated with spending a half year in the woods (and away from your “normal” life)
- A short list of the best AT books for further reading
- The most effective way to physically prepare for your thru-hike
- A “bonus” gear list, for those who choose to go beyond the minimalist approach
- What and what not to do during your first few days on the Trail
An Introduction of the Author and the Ebook:
For those looking into a future thru hike or interested in the topic,
Get the E-Book Here
This website contains affiliate links, which means The Trek may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. The buyer pays the same price as they would otherwise, and your purchase helps to support The Trek's ongoing goal to serve you quality backpacking advice and information. Thanks for your support!
To learn more, please visit the About This Site page.
What Do You Think?