Backpacker Radio Episode #12: Niki “Bionic Woman” Rellon, First Female Hiker To Complete the Appalachian Trail on Prosthetic Leg
Niki “Bionic Woman” Rellon is the first woman to thru-hike the Appalachian Trail on a prosthetic leg. This is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of her accomplishments and life story. Tune in for the AT talk, stay to learn more about her life as a trained chef, paramedic, cross country cyclist, and champion kick boxer. Also, Badger and Chaunce engage in a heated battle of Iron Chef: Trail Food Edition.
- Chaunce’s Class of 2017 PCT Video
- Best places to trail magic on the PCT by Brooke Eller
- Photos from Bionic Woman’s accident
- Stacey Kozel’s disproven PCT thru-hike
- 13 Unlikely Appalachian Trail Hikers
- Planning a Thru-Hike from Abroad
- Badger’s Favorite Trail Snack Recipe: Flour tortilla, peanut butter, raw honey, and trail mix (must have M&Ms, go home otherwise).
- Chaunce’s Favorite Trail Snack Recipe: Bagel, pepper jack cheese, Fritos and Lay potato chips.
Zach and Chaunce’s Iron Chef challenge
Have any praise, questions, praise, comments, praise or praise for Backpacker Radio? Reach out to [email protected].
A super big thank you to our Chuck Norris Award winner(s) from Patreon: Sawyer Products, Evaristo Villela
A big thank you to our Cinnamon Connection Champions from Patreon: Gregory Gardner, Kate Hurley, Clint “DuctTape” Sherbet, and Peter Leven.
This website contains affiliate links, which means The Trek may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. The buyer pays the same price as they would otherwise, and your purchase helps to support The Trek's ongoing goal to serve you quality backpacking advice and information. Thanks for your support!
To learn more, please visit the About This Site page.