Backpacker Radio Episode #55: Kevin Nealon
Today we are joined by comedy legend Kevin Nealon. In case you’ve been living under a rock for the past 30 years, Kevin Nealon is famous for his years on Saturday Night Live and his character on Weeds, he’s a popular standup comedian, he’s been in a slew of movies, and he’s now the host of his own YouTube show, Hiking with Kevin. Kevin insisted that we do the interview in the back of our camper van, and he regales us with tales from his time at SNL, how one of his popular sketches almost turned into a musical produced by Arnold Schwarzenegger, his favorite Chris Farley story, that time he helped deliver his son, along with his favorite hiking spots around Los Angeles.
Chaunce and I also get into the dumbest items we’ve carried on a thru-hike, which way to wipe, we have a triple crown of music to get you through a miserable climb, and get some much-needed horse facts.
- Backpacker Radio SoCal Road Trip Presented by Sawyer!
- Use code “backpacker10” at publiclandscoffee.com
- Use code “ATDrink15” at GossamerGear.com to save 15%
- Gossamer Gear Giveaway on Instagram
- Sawyer Picaridin Packets
- The 2020 Badger Sponsorship
- QOTD: The stupidest thing we’ve carried on a thru-hike.
- KEVIN NEALON!
- Hiking with Kevin on YouTube
- Who was in the best hiking shape?
- Who had the least appropriate hiking attire?
- Who was the person who drew the most celebrity fanfare from other people on the trail?
- Who would you most like to interview that you haven’t already?
- If you could interview any of your former characters, whether TV or movies, who would you choose and why?
- Hans and Franz almost turned into a movie.
- Favorite Chris Farley story
- How Kevin embraces the evolution of media
- When he helped to deliver his son
- His favorite memories as a collegiate quarterback
- Being on Johnny Carson’s Tonight Show
- Hiking with Kevin on YouTube
- Trek Propaganda
- Triple Crown of Music to Get You Up a Miserable Climb
- Mailbag: HORSE FACTS
- 5-star iTunes Reviews
- Intro Song: Walking Slow by Animal Years
- Intro beats: Pauly Boy Shallcross
- Check out Trail Correspondents
Have any praise, questions, praise, comments, praise or praise for Backpacker Radio? Reach out to [email protected].
Support us on Patreon to get bonus content.
A super big thank you to our Chuck Norris Award winner(s) from Patreon: Andrew, Austen McDaniel, Cristopher Mashburn, Lance Whitley, S11N, Sawyer Products, Thomas Fullner
A big thank you to our Cinnamon Connection Champions from Patreon: Gregory Gardner, Jacob Northrup, Mark Snook, Peter Leven, Peter Ellenberg
This website contains affiliate links, which means The Trek may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. The buyer pays the same price as they would otherwise, and your purchase helps to support The Trek's ongoing goal to serve you quality backpacking advice and information. Thanks for your support!
To learn more, please visit the About This Site page.