With a little over a month left until I head to Baxter State Park, I’ve spent a lot of time honing in on my gear list — so, here ya go:
- Gossamer Gear – Gorilla 50
- Gossamer Gear – The One, LT5 Three Piece Carbon Trekking Poles, Enlightened Equipment – Revelation, Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Xlite
- Clothes + Shoes:
- Base Layer: Sports Bra, ExOfficio Undies, Minus33 Boyshorts, Janji AFO Shorts
- Mid Layer: REI shirt, Minus33 Leggings, Longsleeve, ¼ Zip Hoodie
- Outer Layer: Enlightened Equipment Torrid Jacket, Montbell Versalite Rain Pants and Jacket, Altra Lone Peak 6, Crocs, Minus33 Boot and Mini Crew Socks, Altra Gaiters
- Cooking + Water:
- Soto WindMaster 4Flex, Montbell Alpine Cooker 11, Sawyer Squeeze
- Electronics + Guides:
- Montbell Headlamp, Garmin inReach mini, Anker PowerCore 10000, AWOL Guide, FarOut
- includes links to gear and estimated weight in ounces
Super big thanks to Backpacker Radio for hooking me up with connections to stellar gear and big thank you to the brands involved: Altra, Enlightened Equipment, FarOut, Gossamer Gear, Minus33, Montbell, Sawyer, Verde Brand Communications. I can’t wait to push my limits and to have the best time ever!
This website contains affiliate links, which means The Trek may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. The buyer pays the same price as they would otherwise, and your purchase helps to support The Trek's ongoing goal to serve you quality backpacking advice and information. Thanks for your support!
To learn more, please visit the About This Site page.
Summer 2019 I met a young woman who blew up her hike trying to out hike two guys each a foot taller than her. All because she wanted to “keep up” with her Trail Buds.
For what? Did they ever once consider slowing down for her? Did they stick around after she got injured? No!
We are all made strong in different ways- don’t be that girl who tossed her dream by the side of the road because her ego got ahead of her ❤️ heart!
I recommend this instead: count your miles by the WEEK. Shoot for 50 the first week don’t go over 75.
Slow down in Rocksylvania, camp on the ridges… do yoga at sunrise…. you don’t want to start Virginia all beat up.
Eat real food every chance you get.
Then when you see the little plywood sign “mason dixon line” that’s the moment you spread your wings and fly like the wind….