Announcing The Backpacker Radio Sponsorship: A Kickass Support Package for One Lucky 2022 Thru-Hiker
Dear aspiring 2022 thru-hiker, Chaunce and I want to help enable your backpacking dreams!!!
We’ve teased this quite a bit in recent episodes of Backpacker Radio, now get ready for a tidal wave of delicious deets. Courtesy of your favorite red-headed hiking podcasters based in the greater Denver area, the BPR team will be giving gear, guidance, glory and green (as in funds…) to one lucky 2022 thru-hiker as part of the FIRST BACKPACKER RADIO SPONSORSHIP (insert thunderous sound fx).
The Prize Package
- GEAR: We will be working with some of our favorite backpacking brands to ensure you hit the trail with one very quality setup. The companies already on board include Gossamer Gear, Altra, Enlightened Equipment, and Minus33. This list is still growing. Either way, the majority of your gear expense (pack, tent, quilt, footwear, hiking layers, socks, insulating layer) will be covered.
- GUIDANCE: The Backpacker Radio team has in excess of 10K miles under their collective belt (including AT & PCT thru-hikes, amongst many others), strong opinions, and disparate points of view to pass down to their impending pupil. The winner will have the ability to pick Badger and Chaunce’s brains over periodic video chats.
- GLORY: The winner will be featured in a reoccurring segment on Backpacker Radio. This may be done in the form of pre-recorded audio submissions, remote interviews, or a combination of the two.
- GREEN: In an effort to help subsidize the cost of the trek itself, the winner of this sponsorship will receive $1,000 straight outta Badger and Chaunce’s pocket (paid over the course of the hike).
Pretty effing sweet, amirght?
How You Can Enter / Who Can Enter
- Must be attempting a thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail, Pacific Crest Trail, or Continental Divide Trail (other long trails of similar length will be considered) in 2022.
- Entrants must be US residents, with a valid US address, and at least 18 years of age.
- All 2022 thru-hikers (as described above) are encouraged to enter, however, preference will be given to first-time thru-hikers. Bonus points will be given to Trek contributors as well.
- The contest officially opens on December 21st and ends at 11:59 pm EST on January 25th. A winner will be selected and notified by 11:59 pm EST on January 31st.
- A winner will be selected by the Backpacker Radio team based on the strength of the entrant’s answers in the below form. Primarily, we want to know how much this sponsorship would benefit your attempt. To complete the form, entrants must upload a short video (max 2 minutes) introducing themselves and answering this question.
Have any other questions? Leave a comment below or reach out to [email protected]
This website contains affiliate links, which means The Trek may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. The buyer pays the same price as they would otherwise, and your purchase helps to support The Trek's ongoing goal to serve you quality backpacking advice and information. Thanks for your support!
To learn more, please visit the About This Site page.