Why Every AT Hiker Will Love Alaska
Few can resist the allure of the Appalachian Mountains. It’s why so many embark on a thru hike but it’s certainly not the only place to quench your outdoor appetite. Alaska is just the place for any AT hiker looking to diversify their adventure portfolio. Here’s why:
1. The food grows on the trail
2. The huts rival those in the whites
3. There is always a water source
4. Plenty of mountains to climb
5. Crampons make slipping difficult
6. The views are spectacular
7. Fewer roads mean more planes
8. Land of the midnight sun
9. Food also swims in the streams
10. True land diversity
Whether you’re an avid Appalachian Trail hiker or just an adventure lover, The Last Frontier will certainly not disappoint even your wildest outdoor dreams.
This website contains affiliate links, which means The Trek may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. The buyer pays the same price as they would otherwise, and your purchase helps to support The Trek's ongoing goal to serve you quality backpacking advice and information. Thanks for your support!
To learn more, please visit the About This Site page.