My Vibe: Ice Cream Sandwiches and Sheryl Crow
Hey there! My name is Bryce and I’ll be blogging about my experience on the PCT this year. I’m from Ventura County, California, and it’s where I’ve spent most of my life. Like most people, I enjoy spending time with my friends and family. Most of my peers would describe me as genuine, positive, and outgoing, but if you were to ask me, I’m a dork trying to crack some smiles and enjoy the simple things. I can be serious, but I’d rather keep it light. You’ll likely find me doing something outside, trying to tear it up on a dance floor, or searching for the best food in town. I do other things too, but nothing cool to report on.
With that being said, here are ten mediocre facts about my life:
- While I was on a run, a bee flew into my mouth and stung the back of my throat. I ran home and pulled out the stinger with some tweezers, all to find out that I was allergic and had to go to the hospital anyway.
- Toppers pizza sings to my soul. If you know, you know. If you don’t, come visit Ventura County and ruin every other pizza place for yourself.
- I spend a lot of my time surfing, hiking, and taking photos. They’re my go-to hobbies and make it difficult to have a bad day.
- I’m an alumni of Grand Canyon University, have bachelor’s degree in exercise science, and possibly a minor in heckling at sporting events.
- I broke my arm at soccer camp and trained with it all week because I didn’t want to go home. I left camp having a 1-13 record in foosball, with my single victory coming against myself.
- I’ve tried the infamous “Da Bomb Beyond Insanity” hot sauce. Give it a go and tell me what planet Sean Evans is from because I’m still trying to figure it out.
- I had to perform a talent in middle school for credit once. Guitar Hero didn’t count, so I taught myself how to balance a pen on my nose the night before. My confidence was high until the kid before me rode a unicycle. It’s safe to say that I absolutely bombed.
- Car karaoke is my jam. I go especially hard to Sheryl Crow, Natasha Bedingfield, Colbie Caillat, and Bryce Vine. Don’t hate, but appreciate.
- When I was a kid, I’d survive on ice cream sandwiches and bagel bites all summer. Special shout out to G-Money (Grandma) for hooking it up. You already know it was the giant box from Costco.
- Back in the elementary days, my cousins, my brother, and I collectively cleaned out claw machines in four different states. I’ve yet to see a more electric environment at a Denny’s in my life. If there’s a Hall of Fame for skill cranes, I’m confident we’re first ballot. You heard it here first.
Keep it real and never steal. I’ll see you around!
This website contains affiliate links, which means The Trek may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. The buyer pays the same price as they would otherwise, and your purchase helps to support The Trek's ongoing goal to serve you quality backpacking advice and information. Thanks for your support!
To learn more, please visit the About This Site page.