Backpacker Radio #45: Chaunce Hiked the AT (Drink), Badger’s WRHR Hike, and Our Upcoming Road Trip
The cinnamon is connected for good. Or for bad. But undoubtedly, for the foreseeable future. Chaunce and Badger go deep on the rest of her Appalachian Trail thru-hike, including untold poo stories, her take on New Hampshire and Maine, her legendary chafing, how she gained weight while thru-hiking, suggestions for the ATC, and how she plans to combat post thru-hike depression now that she’s back in the “real world.” We chat about Badger’s recent hikes on the Wind River High Route and Pfiffner Traverse. We introduce a brand new segment, Unpopular Opinions and have a Patent Pending. This is a full show, so grab an extra PBR and saddle up.
Subjects discussed in the episode include:
- Use code “TREK15” at GossamerGear.com to save 15%
- How to back flush a Sawyer Squeeze
- Sawyer Squeeze
- Sawyer Micro Squeeze
- Use code “Trek10” at Greenbelly.co
- Apply to be a Vlogger / Blogger for The Trek!
- Denver-Area Hiker Trash Meetup
- San Diego Area Hiker Trash Meetup
- Backpacker Radio’s first Road Trip!!
- to Southern California
- Let us know people we should reach out to, places we should see, cheeseburgers we should eat.
- Reach out to [email protected]
- Chaunce on the AT
- Differences between first and second half of hike
- Mahoosuc Notch vs Arm
- Hiking partners/groups on trail/comparison to PCT
- Favorite stretch in the second stretch of trail
- Chaunce gained weight on the AT
- How did my mentality shift toward the end of the hike
- Midday Meltdowns
- Things Chaunce would change about the AT
- Ziplock’s poop story
- 100-Mile Wilderness illness
- Hiker hunger and diet on trail
- The climb up Katahdin
- Post-trail depression
- Affording a thru-hike
- Zach’s Pfiffner Traverse trip
- Zach’s Wind River High Route trip
- Trek Propaganda
- Unpopular Opinions
- Patent Pending
- 5 Star Reviews
- Intro Song: Walking Slow by Animal Years
- Check out Trail Correspondents
- Check out Stories from the Trail
Have any praise, questions, praise, comments, praise or praise for Backpacker Radio? Reach out to [email protected].
Support us on Patreon to get bonus content.
A super big thank you to our Chuck Norris Award winner(s) from Patreon: Christopher Mashburn, S11N, Sawyer Products, Todd Cartner, and Travis Smith
A big thank you to our Cinnamon Connection Champions from Patreon: Gregory Gardner, Jacob Northrup, and Peter Leven
Intro music via.
This website contains affiliate links, which means The Trek may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. The buyer pays the same price as they would otherwise, and your purchase helps to support The Trek's ongoing goal to serve you quality backpacking advice and information. Thanks for your support!
To learn more, please visit the About This Site page.