Day 51 update!
It’s been a while, I know. I’ve had a few of you ask when I’m blogging again and I’m really trying, I promise! I hope to get a few fun stories out soon. In the meantime, here are some highlights:
– I saw the TINIEST TURTLE EVER and it might be my favorite moment on trail? Story to follow.
– I took my first extended break off trail: three days without hiking (a “triple zero”). It coincided with the smoke we experienced when I was in New York which was good timing. I saw some friends in Boston and Trina’s made me chili cheese corn dogs which were not on the menu but were the thing I most wanted!!! That was special. I also resupplied at Market Basket. If you know, you know.
– I hugged the biggest oak tree on the AT, the Dover Oak.
– It’s been kind of hot out, which is to say it hasn’t been hot at all but it’s been above 60 degrees, which makes me grumpy. I’m not really sure how to cope besides going slower and complaining a lot. I also got a chilly towel which maybe is a morale boost.
– For real though, the weather has been so good the entire time I’ve been out here. I feel very lucky for that!
More later!! Thanks for following along!!!
This website contains affiliate links, which means The Trek may receive a percentage of any product or service you purchase using the links in the articles or advertisements. The buyer pays the same price as they would otherwise, and your purchase helps to support The Trek's ongoing goal to serve you quality backpacking advice and information. Thanks for your support!
To learn more, please visit the About This Site page.